"The Saint" 1997 screen caps






































Comments

  1. Good work on your blogs!
    I was researching the topic of brand and audience connectivity for successful franchises, for a Marketing course at McMaster University in Canada. I found your blog on the subject of "Elisabeth Shue" for Karate Kid franchise.
    After reading the book "The Films of John G Avildsen" I was surprised that my colleges and students at McMaster University did not know who was the director of Rocky and The Karate Kid, despite the fact that they recognized the tremendous brand and audience connectivity. In the Karate Kid that success was due to the "brand": Pat, Ralph and Shue and it would have been even more successful if Shue had been part on the sequels.
    I wrote a blog about it on Wordpress:
    https://blogsandbirds.wordpress.com/2017/05/25/the-karate-kid-a-classic-franchise-from-john-g-avildsen/

    Regards,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I really appreciate that. I'm glad you were able to find the blog. Sometimes I feel like it gets buried in the mess of the internet and does not always get the attention I was hoping for but it's nice to know it did. I really enjoyed reading your blog post. I do think once movies have something good with the cast and they go and make sequels, they lose some of the charm the originals provided if they don't have the original cast. When I first saw Karate Kid, I was disappointed when I saw Elisabeth and the character of Ali were not part of the second movie. Makes me wonder what could have been for that story had she been part of it. Thanks for the insight.

      Delete

Post a Comment